How to get involved with the NSW Division?
As a volunteer, you can spread the world via your local community and online, get actively involved in our events, and help us raise vital funds for the promotion of the UN values.
Volunteering with the UNAA is a great way to show your support for the important work of the UN and make a global contribution locally.
Ways you can volunteer?
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Joining you’re local UNAA NSW Division
- Volunteering with us at UNAA NSW
- Organising an awareness-raising or fundraising event in you school, workplace or community. [include hyperlink to how to get involved in fundraising]
- Providing support for the UNAA’s national activities, through research , promotion and event organisation
Volunteering involves a combination of:
- General Volunteering – There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with the UNAA NSW Branch, from assisting in the design, organisation or participation at some of our fantastic community focused events.
- Skilled Volunteering – Utilising your specialist skills (for example, marketing, accounting, graphic design, legal, photography, communications, social media, research, event management, logistics, administration, data entry and general office duties etc) and applying it to support the work of the UNAA.
What you’ll need?
- Aligned with the UN core values [insert link]
- A drive to support the UNAA NSW Branch
- Able to commit. We ask that all volunteers make a good faith commitment to the time, terms and conditions of the volunteer role.
- Age requirements. We note that some of the UNAA volunteer activities have minimum age requirements. Event fundraising is open to all age groups.
- Living in NSW, Australia
We are always looking for general and skilled volunteers for a variety of roles and events. We also partner with Corporates for UNAA team building volunteering events.
[Current available office and volunteer positions at UNAA NSW]
Please contact our Volunteering team for getting involved.
[Insert a template below for individuals to complete on volunteering]
Fundraise for the UNAA
There are many ways that you can assist in fundraising to help support the UNAA NSW Branch.
Whether its planning a baking competition at the office, or a sports fun run day at your local school or getting involved in one of our events.
It is a fantastic way to have fun, spread the message of the UN values and ideals to the community and connect with your local community.
Be a Champion for the UNAA
An easy way for you to fundraise for the UNAA, is via the UNAA NSW Branch “Be A Champion for the UN” Campaign.
A copy of our UN Fundraising Toolkit is attached [Insert attachment of UN Fundraising toolkit]
We are currently working on the feature to allow your school, university group of friends or workplace to set up your own fundraising event page, or join an existing event to support your local UN branch. This allows you to track and compete with your friends on your fundraising and share this page with your friends and family.
Whilst, we working on the online functionality for this, please be patient. We are a volunteering organisation after all J
In the interim, to Be a Champion for the UN, you can do this via completing the fundraising activity, Application Form.
If you believe your event or activity complies with the UNAA terms and conditions of fundraising please download the Application Form and email to [insert email address].
[Require development of an Application Form, Terms & Conditions for the UNAA NSW
Your application will be assessed and once approved you will be contacted by the UNAA NSW Branch Marketing department and issued an Authority to Fundraise letter for the United Nations Association of Australia.
WANT To Do MORE with the UNAA?
Remember fundraising is just one way that you can get involved.
Check-out other ways you can help support UNAA NSW.
- Volunteer with the UNAA?
Find a volunteer position in NSW that is suited to you. We have a range of skilled and general volunteer positions on offer.
- Support Us? UNAA NSW is [insert detail on the role of the UNAA NSW………………]
Supporting us financially is one of the most effective ways you can assist us in making a difference to spread the UN values and current priorities to the community.
[Create a box – Become a Member]
[Create a box –Donate]
[Create a box – Workplace Giving]
[Create a box – Leave a gift in your will]
[Create a box – Shop@UNAANSW]